Monday, October 22, 2012

Eritrean comedian gets his own TV show

Teddy’s Show: TV Comedy Show ZDF – Eritrean-born German Tedros Teclebrhan
Eritrean-born German Tedros Teclebrhan has been awarded his own TV-show only a year after he landed a youtube video hit with a satirical comedy about integration and immigration in Germany.
Mainz based broadcaster ZDF, one of Germany’s largest TV networks, has signed the comedian to run his own TV series called Teddy’s Show.
Tedros Teclebrhan, better known as Teddy saw his career skyrocket after his video on youtube went viral reaching over 17 Million views. The 28-year-old comedian migrated to Germany with his mother and two older brothers when he was just seven months old.
The family fled from the unrest of a 30 Years long war between Eritrea and Ethiopia, on the Horn of Africa, to eventually finding their second home in South Germany.Tedros himself was not that far from becoming the classic example of failed integration in the education system.

 The comedian once said: “School was quite a turbulent time. I changed schools often. But eventually I came to my completion of secondary school education and completed my further training in Stuttgart.”

2 comments:

  1. Good information. Lucky me I came across your website by
    chance (stumbleupon). I have book-marked it for later!

    ReplyDelete